SCORE volunteers provide confidential business mentoring services, both in person and online. We lead seminars and workshops to help small business owners meet their goals and achieve success. We help expand outreach of SCORE through marketing and alliance building in our local communities. We provide subject matter expertise by industries and professional skills.
Volunteering as a SCORE mentor means you are joining a community of 13,000 diverse volunteers who are all committed to helping small business owners succeed. Whether you have owned your own small business, come from a Fortune 500 company, retired, college student, have a sincere commitment for helping small businesses or volunteering, there is a place for you as SCORE volunteer.
As a SCORE Volunteer You Can:
- Share your success and expertise through mentoring
- Lead workshops and seminars
- Provide online or telephone mentoring directly from your home or office
- Serve in a leadership capacity with SCORE
- Serve within other capacity at SCORE (Marketing, IT, administration, finance, fundraising, HR, etc.)
- Have flexibility with your volunteering time
Benefits of Volunteering:
- SCORE volunteers enjoy a variety of personal, local and national rewards. As a SCORE Volunteer, you:
- Enjoy the satisfaction of contributing to the success of others
- Share great experience with other SCORE volunteers
- Provide leadership in the business community
- Gain recognition and respect as a business mentor
- Grow professionally and personally
- Participate in lifelong learning
- Make new friends
A SCORE mentor is an adviser who helps individuals and small businesses reach their goals. Mentors provide free business advice and education to aspiring entrepreneurs and existing business owners.
As a mentor, you’ll help clients solve problems, make businesses more efficient, and assist with developing long-term business plans. Additionally, you may discover new sources of insight and knowledge to help your own business and leadership style. Teaching others how to manage people or projects, along with illustrating ways to succeed in other aspects of business, could inspire you to continue with your own professional growth-all of this while helping your local community.
The ideal mentor is empathetic, flexible, and loves connecting people to the right resources. Mentors often have significant experience within their field, excellent communication skills, and the ability to dedicate a few hours a week.
Apply today if you have expertise in any business topic, including but not limited to marketing, finance, accounting, management, technology, strategy, websites, etc.
You will lead SCORE Manasota's Marketing or Outreach programs during and beyond COVID-19. Must have superb communication skills, with experience setting up and executing a busy marketing calendar filled with educational and public relation events, to help build the SCORE Manasota brand and promote SCORE's mission to small businesses, entrepreneurs and potential volunteers, in the Sarasota and Manatee counties.
- The Marketing Chair will develop Volunteer and Client personas and target them by designing and developing public relations and advertising campaigns. Experience in Facebook Ad Manager and Constant Contact is helpful.
- The Outreach Chair will execute public relations campaigns and engage the community with SCORE. Familiarity with the local chambers, libraries and media outlets is desired.