With the increasing use of voice assistants, small businesses can learn how to take advantage of this latest technology.
Our infographic examines the growing importance of voice search optimization and how small businesses can keep up with the changes.
Fifty-eight percent of consumers used voice search to find local business information last year. 46% of voice search users search for a local business daily, with a further 28% searching once a week.
When asked if they have used voice search to find information for a local business in the last 12 months:
Among 18 to 34-year-olds:
- 76% said “yes”
- 15% said “no, but would consider it”
- 9% said “no”
Among 35 to 54-year-olds:
- 64% said “yes”
- 24% said “no, but would consider it”
- 12% said “no”
Among those older than 54:
- 37% said “yes”
- 33% said “no, but would consider it”
- 30% said “no”
Top Industries for Voice Searches
- Restaurants / Cafés (51%)
- Grocery stores (41%)
- Food delivery (35%)
- Clothing stores (32%)
- Hotels / Bed & Breakfasts (30%)
Consumers use voice search for these tasks:
- 54% make a restaurant reservation
- 46% determine prices of a local business's products/services
- 40% ask which products a business has in stock
- 32% buy directly from a business
27% visit a local business’ website after making a voice search.
So how can you optimize your website for voice search?
- Use natural language and multiple-word keywords.
- Add questions and answers on your website.
- Make sure your location, hours and phone number are on your website and search engine directories.
Work with a SCORE mentor to prepare your small business for the voice search revolution.
Infographic designed by Easel.ly.