Exit Strategy for Small Businesses
View and download the presentation PDF here.
Sooner or later, every business owner will confront the issue of what to do with their business. As growth accelerates and the owner builds equity, the exiting process increases in complexity.
Common questions include:
- How can I identify a legitimate buyer?
- Should I consider selling on an installment basis?
- How can I pass the business to family members?
- What is my business worth?
There are many answers to seek before an exit strategy is formulated.
Whether the exit decision is voluntary, forced by poor health, or other uncontrollable factors, this free event provides business owners the following answers:
- The most common forms of exit strategy
- The optimum time to start planning for business succession
- Key considerations before selling a business
- The most important issues to consider when selling a small business
- Increasing the value of the business well before entering the exit phase
- The most common purchase finance tactics possible for buyers
- The importance of financial statements
- Difference between asset sale and stock sale
- Importance of cash flow versus receivables and assets
- Advice to business owners thinking about an exit strategy
Similarly, buyers have to go down an analogous path on the buying side and perform due diligence before signing a purchase agreement. It is important that you know what sellers will be concerned about.
This workshop is for both buyers and sellers alike.